NETNPA Nurse Practitioner Student Scholarship for Fall Deadline Extended
The Northeast Tennessee Nurse Practitioner Association (NETNPA) is pleased to announce the NETNPA Nurse Practitioner Student Scholarship for Fall scholarship application has been extended until November 1, 2016. The members of NETNPA want to promote and support future Advanced Practice Nurses (APNs) who will serve the Northeast Tennessee region upon graduation.
NETNPA is offering two scholarship award opportunities to qualifying applicants. Each scholarship is separate. NETNPA is offering one $500 scholarship award for Fall semester and one $500 scholarship award for Spring semester.
Scholarship awards will be presented at the monthly business NETNPA meeting in November (Fall semester award is typically August) and January (Spring semester award). In addition to the scholarship award, the selected scholarship recipient will receive a complimentary NETNPA Student Membership for the year in which their scholarship was awarded. Scholarship recipients will need to be present at the corresponding NETNPA meeting in order to receive their scholarship award.
Scholarship recipients will need to attend periodic NETNPA meetings to update the NETNPA on their progress in school. Attendance at NETNPA meetings will give award recipients the opportunity to network with APNs in the area and to help forge working relationships among peers to help promote Advanced Practice Nurses in our area.
The scholarship award is to be used at the recipient's discretion.
The Northeast Tennessee Nurse Practitioner Association (NETNPA) scholarship is open to currently enrolled Nurse Practitioner students who live/work in Northeast Tennessee and have intentions to work in the Northeast Tennessee area as an Advanced Practice Nurse upon graduation.
The scholarship applicant should meet the following criteria and include with their application:
1. Be a resident of one of the following Tennessee/Virginia counties:
2. Open to currently enrolled students of an Advanced Practice Nursing (APN) program (MSN or DNP) where graduates will seek certification and licensure to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner.
3. Applicants must be a Registered Nurse in Tennessee or have a Compact State RN License that allows practice in Tennessee.
4. Open to APN students who attend college/university through a Northeast Tennessee regional program, a distance APN program, and/or an online APN program (such as RODP).
5. Submit a 400-500 word essay with a brief introduction of applicant and his/her role in nursing prior to seeking an APN degree, what inspired applicant to seek to an APN degree, how he/she hopes to serve the Northeast Tennessee area patient population, and what goals/ambitions he/she has upon completion of the Advance Practice Nursing degree.
____ Proof of Residency in one county listed above
____ Proof of current enrollment in an Advance Practice Nursing program
(semester in which scholarship will be awarded)
____ Proof of Active Tennessee RN License or Active Compact State RN License
(authorization to practice as an RN in Tennessee)
____ 400-500 word essay as described above
____ Indicate if application is to be considered for Fall or Spring scholarship
____ Contact information of applicant, including name, address, phone, and email
Deadline for Application:
All applications must be postmarked by the deadline for the semester applicant indicates he/she is applying for consideration.
Fall Semester Deadline: Nov 15 (extended fall scholarship)
Spring Semester Deadline: October 15th
All application documents and information should be mailed to:
NETNPA Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 5534
Johnson City, TN 37602
or emailed to email@example.com
NENTPA welcomes APN students to become members and attend our monthly business meetings.
You can find information about our organization on our website at https://netnpa.enpnetwork.com/